Welcome to Global Impact Competition 2014 Central Eastern Europe!
One of Singularity University's methods to achieve impact in the world is through Global Impact Competitions. These competitions take place all over the world and applicants compete for the prize of attending the 10 week Graduate Studies Program with their tuition fully covered. The competitions acts as a platform to identify outstanding entrepreneurs, leaders, scientists and engineers who propose the most innovative project to positively impact one million people in their country or region in the next 3 years.
- Must have the ability to improve the standard of living - health, education and security - of 1 million people in the next 3 years, in the CEE region through the use of technology!
- Must use Exponential Technologies such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, nanotechnology, robotics, networks and computing.
- Must be dealing with one global grand challenges: Education, Energy, Environment, Food, Health, Poverty, Security, Water.
- Must have Scalable & Sustainable Economics
- Must have a Competitive Concept of Operations
- Must be resident in one of the following countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine
Deadline for application:: 2nd March, 2014 23.59 CET
Finalists selection:: 28th March, 2014
Finals:: Mid April, 2014 in Budapest, Hungary
Step 1) Make sure to click on the signup button at the top of the page.
Step 2) Once you complete the signup process, you'll get an email to confirm your registration. Make sure to check your spam box just in case! Please add us to your safe sender list so that you can continue to receive messages from us.
Step 3) Complete the application on the site as per the instructions you'll see when you log in.
Please notice that it is not required to complete the whole application in one single session and, upon creation of the account, you will have time to review/edit your application before final submission.
About Video accompanying the application:
To complete your application process, you will need to submit a link to a maximum 2-minute video presentation of your project, with the following suggested structure:
- 1 minute explaining the problem area and demonstrating your solution
- 30 seconds on the Team and/or You
- 30 seconds on how Singularity University will help you have an impact;
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org